Basic materials stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 5.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 5.1% today and up 21.2% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 4.5% today and up 32.1% in the last month.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 3.8% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 4.2% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 3.6% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 4.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.5% today and up 22.9% in the last month.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 9.4% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 6.5% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 3.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.1% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 3.1% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 3.2% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 2.8% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.