Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.0% today and up 58.2% in the last month.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.9% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.8% today and up 28.7% in the last month.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 1.7% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.