Capital goods stocks finished down 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq declined 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is up 11.4% today on 6 times normal volume.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 8.0% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 4.4% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 2.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 1.9% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.2% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 6.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 4.6% today.
- Primoris Services Corp (PRIM): PRIM stock is down 4.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is down 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is down 3.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is down 2.7% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 2.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.