Capital goods stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.0% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 3.9% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 3.5% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 3.5% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 3.2% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is up 2.9% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Dresser-Rand Group Inc (DRC): DRC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is down 0.3% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.