Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.3%, the Nasdaq fell 2.6% and the S&P 500 declined 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 2.4% today.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is up 0.4% today.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is up 0.3% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 0.1% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is down 3.0% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is down 2.1% today.
- General Dynamics Corp (GD): GD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 1.9% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Idex Corp (IEX): IEX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.