Capital goods stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.9%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 2.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 1.9% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 2.6% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 1.1% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Spirit Aerosystems Holdings (SPR): SPR stock is up 1.5% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Alliant Techsystems Inc (ATK): ATK stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 2.5% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 2.4% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.