Capital goods stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is up 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 2.4% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 1.2% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT): LMT stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.