Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 4.9% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.2% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 3.8% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 3.9% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 1.7% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 3.5% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 1.5% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.7% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.