Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 4.5% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 3.4% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is up 2.7% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.6% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 4.1% today.
- Exterran Holdings (EXH): EXH stock is down 3.8% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 3.3% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is down 3.1% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 3.0% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 2.8% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 2.6% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 2.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.