Financial stocks finished down 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.7% and the S&P 500 fell 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 2.0% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.7% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.5% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 1.5% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 1.3% today.
- XL Company Switzerland Gmbh (XL): XL stock is up 1.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 8.4% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 6.4% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is down 5.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is down 4.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is down 4.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is down 4.5% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 4.4% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 4.4% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 4.2% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 4.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.