Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- City National Corp (CYN): CYN stock is up 17.8% today.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is up 5.2% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 5.5% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 3.9% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is up 2.7% today.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is up 2.5% today.
- First Tennessee National Corp (FHN): FHN stock is up 1.6% today.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 7.9% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is down 7.5% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 7.1% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 3.9% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 3.1% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 3.7% today.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is down 4.3% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 3.4% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.