Financial stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 1.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 3.4% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 2.6% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Allstate Corp (ALL): ALL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ace Limited (ACE): ACE stock is up 0.8% today.
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 22.7% today and down 40.4% in the last month.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 4.3% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is down 4.0% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is down 3.3% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 3.7% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 3.5% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is down 3.3% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 2.9% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 3.2% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 3.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.