Financial stocks rose 1.1% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.2% and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is up 6.8% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 5.4% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 4.9% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 3.0% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 2.9% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 2.9% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 4.9% today and down 21.0% in the last month.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 5.1% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.