Financial stocks finished down 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 0.9% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Markel Corp (MKL): MKL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 3.3% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is down 3.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.5% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.3% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.