Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 7.8% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 7.3% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 4.4% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Invesco Plc (IVZ): IVZ stock is up 2.7% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 2.4% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.9% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 3.4% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 4.5% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.9% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is down 0.8% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.