Healthcare stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.9% and the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 6.7% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 4.3% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is up 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 3.6% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 3.5% today.
- Idexx Laboratories (IDXX): IDXX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 3.2% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 0.9% today and down 26.7% in the last month.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.