Healthcare stocks finished flat on Monday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq fell 1.0% and the S&P 500 declined 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 4.3% today and up 31.7% in the last month.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 3.0% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.6% today.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP): SLXP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 3.2% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Amerisourcebergen Corp (ABC): ABC stock is down 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is down 2.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 1.6% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.