Technology stocks finished up 1.6% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.9% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Igate Corp (IGTE): IGTE stock is up 5.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Franklin Electric Co. (FELE): FELE stock is up 4.2% today.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is up 3.9% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is up 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp (IART): IART stock is up 3.4% today.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is up 3.3% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Aci Worldwide (ACIW): ACIW stock is up 3.2% today.
- Progress Software Corp (PRGS): PRGS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Mentor Graphics Corp (MENT): MENT stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is down 2.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Wns Limited (WNS): WNS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Canadian Solar Inc (CSIQ): CSIQ stock is down 1.3% today.
- Homeaway Inc (AWAY): AWAY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Diebold Inc (DBD): DBD stock is down 0.6% today.
- Broadcom Corp (BRCM): BRCM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Marvell Technology Group (MRVL): MRVL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.