Utilities stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.6% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 0.2% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is down 3.0% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.2% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.4% today.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.