Utilities stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.9%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Northeast Utilities (NU): NU stock is up 1.7% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Southern Company (SO): SO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 0.9% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 2.1% today.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.6% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 0.7% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.