Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 4.0% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 4.6% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 2.5% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.0% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 0.8% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 9.3% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Neenah Paper (NP): NP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 2.0% today.
- Dover Corp (DOV): DOV stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.