Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 5.5% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 4.5% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 0.7% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 0.4% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 6.2% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 5.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 4.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 4.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 4.0% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.9% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 3.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 3.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.