Basic materials stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 4.3% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 3.4% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 2.9% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.2% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.2% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.