Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 5.7% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 2.7% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 0.6% today.
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 6.4% today and down 20.3% in the last month.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 5.0% today and down 23.1% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.6% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 3.8% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.4% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 3.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.4% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.