Basic materials stocks remained flat on Monday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 6.3% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 6.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 4.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 4.8% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 3.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.1% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 6.6% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 3.8% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 3.4% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.3% today and down 22.4% in the last month.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.4% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.