Basic materials stocks remained flat on Monday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 5.4% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 3.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 4.2% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 3.7% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 5.0% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 2.9% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 2.5% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.8% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 3.1% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 1.8% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.4% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 0.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.