Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 3.4% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.