Basic materials stocks fell 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 7.6% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 2.3% today.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 1.5% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.2% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 5.3% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 4.7% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 4.2% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 4.7% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 4.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 4.2% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.9% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 3.6% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 3.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.