Capital goods stocks finished up 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.0%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 2.5% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is up 2.3% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Lennar Corp (LEN): LEN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 2.1% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.0% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.7% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.