Capital goods stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 5.5% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 4.2% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 2.8% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 3.5% today and up 22.3% in the last month.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 4.6% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 2.1% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Agco Corp (AGCO): AGCO stock is up 1.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 4.3% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 1.4% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is down 0.7% today.
- Triumph Group (TGI): TGI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.7% today.
- L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): LLL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.