Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is up 4.8% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 3.3% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is up 2.6% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Watsco Inc (WSO): WSO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.7% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Fastenal Company (FAST): FAST stock is down 2.2% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 0.4% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is down 0.1% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.