Capital goods stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 1.2% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Exelis Inc. Common Stock New Wh (XLS): XLS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Valmont Industries (VMI): VMI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Applied Industrial Technologies (AIT): AIT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Colfax Corp (CFX): CFX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.