Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 1.1% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 1.1% today.
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 0.9% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Philip Morris International Inc (PM): PM stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Unilever Plc (UL): UL stock is up 0.7% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Embotell Andna Sa B (AKO.B): AKO.B stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 0.9% today.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bunge Limited (BG): BG stock is down 0.3% today.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is down 0.1% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.