Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM): CALM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Monster Beverage Corp (MNST): MNST stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 2.1% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is up 0.4% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 0.3% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 0.4% today.
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX): SBUX stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev Sa (BUD): BUD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Hain Celestial Group (HAIN): HAIN stock is down 0.8% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.