Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 4.9% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 4.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 4.3% today and up 25.0% in the last month.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 4.1% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 3.5% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 3.4% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is up 3.3% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.2% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Conocophillips (COP): COP stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.