Energy stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 2.8% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 2.4% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 1.8% today and up 24.1% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 4.4% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 3.0% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 2.7% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 2.0% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is down 1.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.