Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 9.0% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 5.9% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 5.1% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 3.5% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 3.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.4% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 0.8% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.