Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 9.0% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 5.9% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 5.1% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 3.5% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 3.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 3.5% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 3.0% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.4% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 0.8% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.