Energy stocks advanced 2.5% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq rose 0.7% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.9% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 10.8% today and up 30.5% in the last month.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 10.4% today and up 26.0% in the last month.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 9.8% today and up 28.7% in the last month.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 10.0% today and up 42.8% in the last month.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 10.3% today and up 23.6% in the last month.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 10.3% today and up 21.6% in the last month.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 6.5% today and up 27.6% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 6.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 7.2% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 7.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.7% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 1.5% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.