Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ares Capital Corp (ARCC): ARCC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.2% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is up 2.0% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 1.6% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 10.3% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 9.6% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 6.2% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is down 2.6% today.
- State Street Corp (STT): STT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pro-Assurance Corp (PRA): PRA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.