Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 2.1% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.1% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Financial Bancorp (FFBC): FFBC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 1.7% today.
- Pinnacle Financial Partners (PNFP): PNFP stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.8% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Progressive Corp (PGR): PGR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cohen & Steers Infrastructure Fund (UTF): UTF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Arch Capital Group Ltd (ACGL): ACGL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.