Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 11.2% today and up 44.5% in the last month.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 3.9% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 2.5% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 2.4% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 2.1% today and up 26.2% in the last month.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Assurant Inc (AIZ): AIZ stock is down 5.8% today.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is down 2.6% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is down 1.7% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 0.5% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 0.8% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.