Financial stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 3.3% today and up 28.9% in the last month.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 2.8% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.1% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is down 5.5% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 5.1% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 4.0% today.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.7% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.