Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 7.0% today and up 34.1% in the last month.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 2.6% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions (HLSS): HLSS stock is up 2.7% today and up 22.7% in the last month.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.4% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 7.4% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 3.9% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 3.7% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 1.7% today.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is down 1.9% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.