Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 4.5% today.
- Rli Corp (RLI): RLI stock is up 4.1% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 3.9% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.9% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is up 3.6% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is up 3.5% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 3.5% today.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is up 3.3% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is down 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.3% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 0.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.