Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.4% higher, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is up 5.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is up 4.3% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 4.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 3.8% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 3.9% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 3.6% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Massmutual Participation Investors (MPV): MPV stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Municipal Income T (ETX): ETX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Duff & Phelps Utilities Income (DNP): DNP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Strategic Global (SGL): SGL stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.