Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is up 4.8% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 4.7% today and up 59.2% in the last month.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.9% today.
- JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM): JPM stock is up 2.3% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 1.6% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is down 2.7% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 1.7% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.0% today.
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS): BNS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 1.0% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.