Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sei Investments Company (SEIC): SEIC stock is up 1.3% today.
- The Navigators Group (NAVG): NAVG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.0% today.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK): FIBK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is down 2.1% today.
- Trustmark Corp (TRMK): TRMK stock is down 1.9% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.6% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (HBAN): HBAN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.