Healthcare stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 7.4% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 4.2% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 4.6% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 2.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 2.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Dentsply International Inc (XRAY): XRAY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.