Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 4.6% today and up 27.3% in the last month.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is up 0.2% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Holdings Inc (ENDP): ENDP stock is down 2.3% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Genomic Health (GHDX): GHDX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is down 1.6% today.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.