Technology stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is up 14.2% today and up 25.4% in the last month.
- Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMI): SMI stock is up 4.6% today.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is up 4.4% today.
- Qualcomm Inc (QCOM): QCOM stock is up 4.1% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 4.1% today.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Lm Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC): ERIC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is up 2.9% today.
- Nokia Corp (NOK): NOK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V. (STM): STM stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is down 6.5% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 2.6% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is down 3.1% today.
- Webmd Health Corp (WBMD): WBMD stock is down 2.8% today.
- Bruker Corp (BRKR): BRKR stock is down 2.5% today.
- Advanced Energy Industries (AEIS): AEIS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 2.4% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.